You can buy almost anything on the internet these days, from books and clothes to washing machines and groceries. It's a time-saving way to shop. But because you're using a credit or debit card, you're also vulnerable to identity thieves.
- Learn as much as possible about the products and seller.
- Read and understand the retailers’ return and refund policy.
- Choose a secure password to protect your account information.
- Include upper case, lower case, a special character and a number in your password, if possible.
- Change your passwords frequently.
- Only order from retailers that offer a secure checkout and payment process.
- Beware of offers that sound too good to be true.